Ticket2Ride Teacher Application
The goal of the Foundation’s Ticket2Ride program is to help 3rd through 5th grade students in Title I schools access Oregon’s State Parks for experiential learning. One of the greatest barriers preventing access to our State Parks is the cost and funding for transportation. At no charge, Oregon State Parks are able to support and enhance learning for hundreds of students each year. They have accessible locations and dedicated staff available to offer inspirational & effective learning experiences. The schools simply need to be able to get the students to the parks.
Ticket2Ride grants are awarded based on the following criteria
- School/students financial needs – the program is for Title I schools that have at least 50% of the student population qualifying for the free or reduced lunch program
- Educational goals for the State Park trip are identified
- The desired State Park is identified and the Ticket2Ride Coordinator has been contacted to verify availability for the proposed date.
Note: Teachers should first contact the Ticket2Ride Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to agree on a State Park location before submitting an application. Submission of an application does not guarantee that the park will be able to accommodate all requests.
Locating participating State Parks
- Teachers need to schedule their State Park visit with the Ticket2Ride Coordinator (email@example.com) and have some date options in mind along with a desired State Park.
- State Parks on this list have verified their general availability to provide programs for school groups.
- State Parks may not be able to accommodate all requests.
September and October trips
Applications will be accepted from May 1 to September 15 prior to the September/October trips.
Applications will be reviewed and awards will be announced at the end of September.
April and May trips
Applications will be accepted from November 1 to March 15 prior to the April/May trips.
Applications will be reviewed and awards will be announced at the end of March.
Applications can be submitted
1) *online (below) or
2) by printing out the Ticket2Ride application and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org