Ticket2Ride Teacher Application
The goal of the Foundation’s Ticket2Ride program is to help K-8 students in Title I schools access Oregon’s State Parks for experiential learning. One of the greatest barriers preventing access to our State Parks is the cost and funding for transportation. At no charge, Oregon State Parks are able to support and enhance learning for hundreds of students each year. They have accessible locations and dedicated staff available to offer inspirational & effective learning experiences. The schools simply need to be able to get the students to the parks.
Ticket2Ride grants are awarded based on the following criteria
- School/students financial needs: the program prioritizes Title I schools that have at least 50% of the student population qualifying for the free or reduced lunch program
- Educational goals for the State Park trip
- The desired State Park is identified and the Ranger has been contacted to verify her/his availability for the proposed date (to find a State Park click here, general State Park information 1-800-551-6949)
- Please contact Ward Johnson at email@example.com should you have any questions.
April and May trips
Applications accepted from November 1, 2016 to March 1, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed and awards will be announced at the end of March 2017.
September and October trips
Applications accepted from May 1, 2017 to August 1, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed and awards will be announced at the end of August 2017.
Applications can be submitted
1) *online (below) or
2) by printing out the Ticket2Ride application and emailing it to T2R@