Solar Eclipse 2017 News
We have an exciting fundraising event to announce…
2017 Solar Eclipse at the Cove!
We have 30 campsites reserved at Cove Palisades State Park for the 2017 Solar Eclipse on August 21!
We want to share them with our Members in appreciation for their support of our ongoing initiatives to increase accessibility, environmental education and healthy activities in Oregon State Parks!
We are going to host an online auction for Foundation Members: Monday May 15th – Monday May 22. Members will be able to bid on specific campsites for the weekend of the Solar Eclipse! If you are a Member of the Foundation and don’t have your August 2017 Solar Eclipse plans made yet, this is your chance!
- We are going to host an online auction Monday May 15th – Monday May 22 for Members to bid on 30 campsites at Cove Palisades State Park.
- These campsites have a limit of one vehicle/campsite and are RV accessible (power & water hook-up available).
- The auction is only going to be available to Foundation Members. Members are defined as any supporter who has made a donation of any size in the past 12 months – since May 31, 2016. If you have not made a donation to the Foundation since May 31, 2016 and want to participate, become a Member today with a donation of any size!
- Members will be able to bid on a specific campsite and the winning bid will secure that campsite for the nights of Friday August 18th, Saturday August 19th, Sunday August 20th, and Monday August 21st (the eclipse is on Monday morning, August 21st).
- Members can bid on more than one campsite.
- Make your donation to become a Member by Friday, May 12th at 4pm. We will email all Members at 4:30pm on May 12th with the link and details for the online auction.
Note: If you want to participate in the online auction, we need your email address. If you are a Member and we do not have your email address – we cannot email you the link for the auction. You can send your email address to email@example.com.
The funds raised through this fundraising event will benefit our general fund and will support initiatives such as our Ticket2Ride program which is focused on increasing access and environment education to K-8 students at Title I schools (more on our current initiative here). This fundraising event is being hosted by us, the Oregon State Parks Foundation. The Members with the winning bids may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for the campsite over the $112 normal reservation fee ($28/night for 4 nights). We currently hold the reservations for 30 campsites at Cove Palisades. Cove Palisades campground has no availability for that weekend.
Please contact us directly with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.