Solar Eclipse 2017 News
We have an exciting fundraising event to announce…
2017 Solar Eclipse at the Cove!
We have 30 campsites reserved at Cove Palisades State Park for the 2017 Solar Eclipse on August 21!
We want to share them with our Members in appreciation for their support of our ongoing initiatives to increase accessibility, environmental education and healthy activities in Oregon State Parks!
We are going to host an online auction for Foundation Members in May. Members will be able to bid on specific campsites for the weekend of the Solar Eclipse! If you are a Member of the Foundation and don’t have your August 2017 Solar Eclipse plans made yet, this is your chance!
- We are going to host an online auction in May for Members to bid on 30 campsites at Cove Palisades State Park.
- These campsites have a limit of one vehicle/campsite and have full hookup.
- The auction is only going to be available to Foundation Members. (Become a Member today to participate!)
- Members will be able to bid on a specific campsite and the winning bid will secure that campsite for the nights of Friday August 18th, Saturday August 19th, Sunday August 20th, and Monday August 21st (the eclipse happens Monday morning, August 21st).
- Members can bid on more than one campsite.
- In April, we will announce the exact dates of the online auction and any additional details.
This fundraising event is being hosted by us, the Oregon State Parks Foundation. The Members with the winning bids may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for the campsite over the $30 normal reservation fee. We currently hold the reservations for 30 campsites at Cove Palisades. Cove Palisades campground has no availability for that weekend.
Please contact us directly with any questions – email@example.com.